We currently serve members within the Southern Oregon coast with most of our members residing in the Coos Bay, North Bend, and Bandon areas. However, local residency is not required.
To support the success of member artists by providing opportunities to present or attend public educational programs, forums and lectures, promote the visual arts as a positive and necessary component in the community, interact with other artists and exhibit their work.
In an effort to promote the continuing education of our artists, BAAA offers monthly classes, forums and meetings designed to keep our artists up to date on new artist supplies, trends and techniques. They are usually very "hands on" and provide fun opportunities to meet other artists in our area. These meetings are held once a month from 2pm to 4pm on the third Sunday of every month at the Coos Art Museum. The public is welcome to attend.
BAAA currently has four annual art exhibits that are held exclusively for our members. Each exhibit is on display at a public location for three months and includes a reception. Every exhibit is widely promoted on the BAAA website and social channels, local community group and social channels, the BAAA eNewsletter, and the ever-growing BAAA emailing list of members and local community art patrons. Artists submitting art have the option of selling their submissions at the show. If they choose to sell their work, each piece will be available for purchase in person at the show as well as online via the BAAA website.
Becoming an active member of BAAA offers the following benefits:
- Access to enter group shows in our community
- Receiving discounts from local merchants
- Participation in BAAA sponsored exhibits, events and lessons/workshops
- Receiving the monthly BAAA eNewsletter which details all community gallery/co-op and art events being held in the area
- Using the BAAA logo for business cards, stationary, etc
- Receiving the BAAA membership card and the By-Laws
- Receiving membership roster to network with other artists
- Access to posting/ advertising our individual BAAA artists' news on the BAAA Facebook, and community art Facebook group pages
- BAAA members are eligible for discounted membership to the Coos Art Museum.
- Access to the BAAA library of 100+ books housed in the Coos Art Museum Classroom.
Membership is open to artists of all ages working in all mediums as well as those who are patrons of the arts. Local residency is not required.
Three types of BAAA Memberships are offered:
Click here to fill out our membership application. Click here to make your payment online, or you can send your payment to:
Bay Area Artists' Association
PO Box 907, Coos Bay, OR 97420
If you are joining during the year and wish to receive a pro-rated membership rate please contact our Membership Chair at: BayAreaArtAssoc@gmail.com